Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year... and what a New Year it will be!

Yep, a big surprise today.

I knew last night when we went out for New Year's that I didn't feel quite right, but I've also had a cold for a week or so I didn't think much about it. I just knew that food didn't taste right, I was starving one moment and then full after two bites, and that something was just... off.

Well, I got up this morning and Russ and I were doing a bit of cleaning for friends that were coming over tonight. I went upstairs to change clothes and had the random thought to take a pregnancy test. I didn't really anticipate a positive test, but just had a gut feeling. Within about 4 seconds, the digital test said 'Pregnant' quite clearly. I stood there stunned for a second, fully anticipating it to say 'Just Kidding!' any second. Needless to say, the screen didn't change and I bolted downstairs to show Russ. He heard me running and thought something was wrong until I rounded the corner and showed him the test. He said, "I didn't know you thought you were pregnant!" I said, "I didn't!"

Russ was ready to pick up the phone and start calling the world, but I convinced him to wait. I really want to have my first appointment and make sure everything's ok, before we start spreading the news. I can't call and make an appointment until Monday (today is Friday and the office is closed), so it's gonna be a long few days... let's see how long we can keep this secret. No one knows about this blog yet, so we're ok for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment