Friday, January 15, 2010

Well, not many more answers... but some serious head scratching (literally, and figuratively.)

I'll make this as short as possible, because it is a reaaaaaaal long story. After a series of various Dr's appointments, we don't have a real firm answer. I am still breaking out in hives, though the swelling hasn't been as problematic. My Dr's have had me change *everything* in my house to dye-free, fragrance-free and hypoallergenic. That hasn't really helped anything, but at least nothing has gotten worse.

We do, however, think we know what I'm allergic to... (drumroll).... Progesterone. Yep, the pregnancy hormone. It's weird, and it's rare, but it's possible. Nothing has changed other than the pregnancy, and despite removing all possible outside allergens, I'm still having the same reactions. So, yes, I'm allergic to my baby. Or myself. Take your pick.

Because of all of this, my chances of miscarriage are considerably higher, especially with the steroids that I've had to be on. This re-affirms that it will be a while longer before we start telling people about the pregnancy.

Until then... fingers crossed and prayers said.

No comments:

Post a Comment