We got to see our munchkin for the first time today!
We woke up this morning to more snow... and lots of it. I turned on the news to see that I-40 and I-24 were both closing in various places, and had already heard that Old Hickory Blvd was a total mess. I called my Dr's office to make sure that they weren't closing early. They were, in fact closing early and re-scheduling appointments, but my appointment time was right on the cutoff, and they told me to go ahead and come in. I was ecstatic and relieved, because I hadn't slept at all the night before because I was so nervous, so I really didn't want to do that all over again.
Russ and I arrived and got all our paperwork & such done and waited... I know I probably only waited about 3 minutes, but it sure seemed like 30. When we were called back, and our baby came up on the screen it was such a surreal feeling. I *know* I'm pregnant, but seeing a picture has made it so much more real. I'm sick as a dog for a reason at least!
The ultrasound looked great, and we were told that everything looks 'perfect'. That was a very relieving word to hear. As the ultrasound tech was moving the wand around to get different angles and pictures, the baby had a total spazz out and bounced all over the place. It was fun to see him/her move around, and also amusing to see that the baby is as hyper as the two of us are. Yep, we're in trouble.
We left the appointment and made the first phone call to mom. Of course, she already knows, but we wanted to let her know that everything was ok and looked great. After being at the office for a couple hours and having blood drawn, I was hungry and feeling less than stellar. We headed straight to the Arby's on West End. As I was on the phone with mom, I told her we were pulling into Arby's and she started laughing hysterically. It turns out that after every appointment she had at Baptist when she was pregnant with me, she went to that same Arby's every time as well.
We have now called and shared the news with family, but it will be a little bit longer before we share the news with friends, co-workers, etc. So, whenever you're reading this, don't be hurt that we haven't told you yet. We haven't told much of anybody.
So officially... everything looks great, the baby's heartbeat is 162, and my due date is somewhere around September 4th-6th. Labor Day has a dual meaning this year!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment