Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lies, it's all lies.

I'm having a bad expectant mommy day... make that a bad week. I'm a little annoyed at a few things that I was always told *before* I got pregnant.

1. "Morning sickness gets easier and goes away after your first trimester."

- Bulls***. I've officially moved into the second trimester, and it is not getting better. In fact, it's getting worse. Worse than ever. It's been a puke-tastic kind of week.

2. "You have a lot more energy in your 2nd trimester".

- I would *love* for this to kick in any day now. Even when I can't sleep, all I want to do is sleep. I have zero energy whatsoever, and the only work I'm getting done is from my laptop... in bed. Even my cats are looking at me like I'm a lazy bum.

3. "You are pregnant for 9 months."

- Again, bulls***. It's ten months. Don't let anyone fool you. Pregnancy is technically 40 weeks. With an average of 4 weeks per month, that makes it ten months. Nine months is a myth as far as I'm concerned.

4. "You will look radiant and glowing when you're pregnant."

- This might be the biggest lie of all. I am not glowing. At best, I'm flushed and red, and that's generally after a marathon of morning sickness, so I don't think that counts. If not morning sickness, than the heartburn & acid reflux. I'm even paler than normal (scary, I know), I have circles under my eyes, I'm exhausted all the time, yet I can't sleep and in general, I look like crap. You don't have to be nice and try to pretend that I don't, because I know I do. It's all good.

::grumble::

I'll get over it. I know my body is going through hell for a good purpose... but right now, I'm not real thrilled about it. Move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment